WHAT: Learn what the future holds in bioengineering and biomedical devices, and how engineers and healthcare providers can work together to achieve that future.
- A keynote address by Jesse L. Goodman, M.D., M.P.H., the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Chief Scientist and Deputy Commissioner for Science and Public Health, on "Advancing Regulatory Science: Opportunities to Transform Product Development and Evaluation"
- A Whiting-Turner Business and Entrepreneurial Lecture by Jenny Regan, CEO of Key Tech, a product design and applied research prototyping company, on "Medical Devices as Home Appliances"
- A live hip replacement surgery streamcast from the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMD-SOM) in Baltimore, performed by Vincent D. Pellegrini, Jr., M.D., James L. Kernan Professor and Chair, Department of Orthopaedics; and hosted in College Park by Theodore T. Manson, M.D. Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, UMD-SOM.
- Panel discussions on bioengineering career paths and bioengineering entrepreneurship
- Announcement of the newest Fischell Fellow
- Research poster session
- A career fair and information expo for UMD students, featuring leading bioengineering companies, associations, institutions and agencies
WHO: The Fischell Department of Bioengineering (A. James Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park), has invited industry and academic experts, engineering students and entrepreneurs to showcase some of the latest technologies and insights in the fields of bioengineering.
WHEN: Thursday, October 20, 2011
8:30 a.m. ? 6 p.m.
WHERE: Jeong H. Kim Engineering Building
A. James Clark School of Engineering
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
Fischell Department of Bioengineering to Host 7th Fischell Festival
October 13, 2011